For one, it was about time a big-name top-end phone shipped with 128GB of base storage, and isn’t the optional 512GB just plain overkill? With a card slot ready to offer an extra 512GB,you’re looking at a potential 640GB (almost 1TB) of storage on your Note9.Battery capacity is a generous 4,000mAh flat (it lasts nearly all day without charging, making it the most powerful battery in the Note series), some 20% more than the outgoing model and 500mAh than the Galaxy S9+ – you can say we’re liking where the added 0.2mm of thickness went.
The 6.4-inch display is now a whopping 0.2 inches larger than the current plus-size S-series model, as opposed to just 0.1 inches last year making for some slightly more meaningful segmentation in the lineup.
But in all fairness, all the segmentation you need comes with the S Pen, and it’s a conceptually upgraded unit even if it does look just like the old one. This one is active and can interact with the phone from a distance via Bluetooth – think remote shutter release or a presentation remote, you get the drift. Of course, once you hover it over the display, it’s still the good old stylus that makes the Note a unique proposition.It can be used as a remote control; just click the S pen button to launch the camera,choose the right camera mode, and snap a remote selfie.Capture more natural poses, intuitively and conveniently.
In the camera section, we see the familiar dual aperture main module, accompanied by a telephoto shooter (a seemingly different 1/3.4″ vs. 1/3.6″ sensor, what’s that about?), and an 8MP selfie cam. All the connectivity you could ask for is also present, headphone jack included, and it’s the first Galaxy Note smartphone with stereo speakers tuned , so you can make the sound 1.4 times louder and enjoy and enjoy reinforced bass.
- Body: Aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass 5 front and back; IP68 certified for water and dust resistance. Dimensions & Weight: 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8 mm, 201g.
- Display: 6.4″ Super AMOLED ‘Infinity Display’, 2,960x1440px resolution, 18.5:9 (2.06:1) aspect ratio, 516ppi; HDR10 compliant (no Dolby Vision).
- Rear camera: Primary 12MP, Type 1/2.55″ sensor, f/1.5-2.4 aperture, 26mm equiv. focal length, dual pixel PDAF, OIS; Secondary 12MP, Type 1/3.4″ sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 52mm equiv. focal length, autofocus, OIS; 2x zoom. 2160p/60fps, 1080p/240fps slow motion, 720p/960fps super slow-motion video recording.
- Front camera: 8MP, f/1.7 aperture, autofocus; 1440p/30fps video recording.
- OS/Software: Android 8.1 Oreo;Bixby virtual assistant; Smart Connect, Smart Connect Home.
- Chipsets: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845: octa-core CPU (4×2.7GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7GHz Kryo 385 Silver), Adreno 630 GPU. Exynos 9810: octa-core CPU (4x3rd-gen Mongoose 2.7GHz + 4xCortex-A55 1.8GHz), Mali-G72 MP18 GPU.
- Memory: 6GB RAM; 128GB ROM of storage; microSD slot for cards up to 512GB.
- Battery: 4,000mAh Li-Po (sealed); Adaptive Fast Charging (same as S7/S8/S9); QuickCharge 2.0 support; WPC(Qi)&PMA wireless charging.
- Connectivity: Single-SIM, Dual-SIM available in certain markets (hybrid slot); LTE-A, 4-Band/5-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.18 (1.2Gbps/150Mbps); USB Type-C (v3.1); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac MU-MIMO; GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo; NFC; Bluetooth 5.0.
- Misc: Bluetooth-enabled S Pen stylus with 4096 pressure levels and multimedia controls; fingerprint/iris/face recognition; stereo speakers tuned 3.5mm jack; bundled headphones; DeX dock compatibility
- Product Line: GADGETS SOLUTIONS
- Model: Note 9
- Weight (kg): 0.15
- Color: Purple
- Shop Type: janzem